EOS Student Clubs
Since the launch of the Student Programme in 2011, EOS has welcomed 14 student clubs in France, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine and the United States.
|EOS Student Club||Type||Country / region / city||National Society||Founded in|
|Bauman Moscow State Technical University Student Club||regional||RU (Moscow)||ROS||2011|
|EOS ITMO Student Club||regional||RU (St. Petersburg)||ROS||
|EOS Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University||regional||UA (Kiew)||USPAO||2011|
|EOS Optical Coherence and Interferometry Student Club||topical||CH||SSOM||2011|
|Coherent Photonics||topical||RU (Moscow)||2011|
|EOS/SFO Paris Student Club||regional||FR (Paris)||SFO||2011|
|EOS/SFO Lorraine Student Club||regional||FR (Metz/Lorraine)||SFO||2011|
|EOS Comunidad Valenciana Student Club||regional||ES (Comunidad Valenciana)||SEDOPTICA||2012|
|EOS Kazan National Research Technical University Student Club||regional||RU (Kazan)||ROS||2012|
|EOS M. V. Lomonosov MSU Student Club||regional||RU (Moscow)||2012|
|EOS/SFO Alpes Student Club||regional||FR (Alpes)||SFO||2012|
|EOS/SFO Photonics Bretagne Student Club||regional||FR (Bretagne)||SFO||2012|
|EOS at Columbia University Student Club||regional||US (New York)||2012|
|EOS City College New York Student Club||regional||US (New York)||2012|
Why join the EOS Student Programme?
- Get new contacts, exchange experiences, discuss your concerns
- Participate in the annual EOS Student Reception and present your concerns and activities to a broad audience
- Publish news about your Student Club in the EOS newsletter, on the EOS website, the EOS Directory and other media EOS cooperates with
- Create awareness for your concerns in an even larger audience by making use of the close cooperation between EOS and the Photonics21 Technology Platform
- Benefit from advice and support through the Club Mentors and Sponsors
- Get insights from leading experts and make valuable contacts
- EOS Student Clubs work closely with the Club Sponsors from industry and academia
- Establish valuable contacts to future employers and explore your career opportunities in a direct dialogue
- Participate in company visits, career events and recruiting programmes
- Virtual club platform at www.myeos.org
- Student club homepage
- Student profile pages, blogs, forums, surveys, job board, club’s news section...
- Upon proposal each club can receive up to 1000 Euro support per year.
- Direct contact to mentors from academia and to representatives from industry
- Opportunity to take part in company visits and other career/recruiting events organized in cooperation with our industrial partners
- Representation in the EOS Board of Directors (guest seat for one student programme representative)
- Social/scientific events for networking and exchange of ideas, concerns and needs
- Excursions to laboratories, universities or companies
- Submission of articles for the EOS newsletter and website
- Encourage colleagues to join EOS and become active in the Student Programme
- Hold at least one Student Club Meeting per year
- Participation in the annual EOS Student Reception
Each Student Club reports to EOS once a year. The report includes
- information about the Club members (names , affiliation, countries , member since),
- Club Board (chair, co-chair, treasurer and webmaster),
- past and future activities,
- recommendations for improving the EOS Student Programme.
A summary of the report shall be presented at the Annual EOS Student Clubs Meeting alongside the EOS Annual General Meeting.
Coordinator of the EOS Student Programme
Roberta Ramponi (Politecnico di Milano, IT)
EOS President 2006-2008. Member of the EOS Board of Directors since 2004. Chair of the Photonics21 Working Group 7 - Training & Education.